Our primary function involves capturing new knowledge that emerges from the program performance and process improvement teams - validating and developing it into competency-based interventions, and diffusing it back into the working population through training and education.
The OMNITEC Training and Development Team ensures the quality of this endeavor through the development and maintenance of a robust instructional design process based on the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation (ADDIE) model.
The OMNITEC team has been instrumental in developing several key-learning initiatives for the Department of the Navy. Our goal with this partnership is to create an improved, more informed consumer of products and services that will result in better program performance. A few examples include:
- Integrated Project Management (IPM) Training:
- Schedule training: This is a comprehensive curriculum that instructs the analyst from the basics of program management through the application of Monte-Carlo simulation.
- Earned Value (EV) Analysis training: EV training centers on the 32 EV guidelines, a requirement of nearly every large acquisition program.
- Web-Based Training (WBT): focuses on knowledge capture within the organization.
- Advanced Analytics and Consulting (AAC): Provides statistical methods and processes to help them understand and find solutions to problems that arise.
- Business Financial Management University (BFMU): OMNITEC professionals working within BFMU include subject matter experts, as well as course developers and T&D Management experts. They are currently engaged in the development of a learning architecture with curriculum development that will support the Business Financial Management community throughout a large Navy Systems Command.
OMNITEC’s Training and Development Competencies encompass the following areas of expertise: T&D Strategic Planning, Instructional Systems Design, Functional Performance Support, Knowledge Management, Technical Writing, Train the Trainer, Web/Computer Based Training/Performance Support, Training Evaluation, Cultural/Technology Diffusion Methods.
OMNITEC's Instructional Systems Design and Training capabilities include: [more]